HORIZON SEMI-CLOSED REBREATHER
BUY YOUR MARES HORIZON UNIT FROM US AND RECEIVE 50% OFF YOUR TRAINING FEES.
CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS
The decades of expertise behind Mares and Revo rebreathers have combined to create a unique semi-closed unit like no other.
For divers seeking a revolutionary SCR approach in a system that is easy to use, natural to dive, designed with all levels of diver in mind and developed to provide the utmost security...
The Mares SCR Horizon is a revolutionary approach to diving. A semi-closed circuit, ideal for all those aiming to experience the underwater world in symbiosis. Its weight, shape and lack of cylinders make it ideal for all your travels. Once worn, you will find yourself perfectly in trim breathing a warm-humid mixture, which will make your dive completely enjoyable.
Mares, in collaboration with rEVO, has developed this revolutionary Rebreather for diving. This design was born based on well-defined guidelines: a device which proves easy for everyone, simple to prepare, very light, totally safe, redundant, with amazing performance and top technology. The lightweight system makes it an ideal travel companion, without any need for cylinders and special weights. The Horizon computer is designed to be easy to use while having infinite data available. Limited bubble production allows underwater world lovers to live like a fish in the underwater world.
The Horizon offers incredibly extended dive time compared to open circuit dives, giving the diver ample time to take in the wonderful underwater environment.
EXTENDED DIVE TIME
Dive times are an average of 3-8 times longer, Standard nitrox gas cylinders that are available at the dive destination can be used, Additional cylinder rigging kits are required.
The lightweight system is the ideal travel companion and does not require dedicated cylinders or weights. The unit’s simple logistics allow the diver to use standard nitrox cylinders that are easily obtained from most dive destinations.
Complete unit weighs only 12kg for easy transportation. Comes with 1 bottom gas regulator set weighing 1.4kg. Optional decompression gas regulator weighing 1.4kg is also available. Combined, the Horizon unit and regulators should fit in a single suitcase, weighing about 17kg in total – the standard checked baggage allowance for most airlines.
BUILD ON A FOUNDATION OF OPEN-CIRCUIT NITROX DIVING KNOWLEDGE
The Horizon SCR training builds on a foundation of open-circuit and nitrox diving knowledge, and the Horizon SCR controller intuitively maintains an ideal nitrox mix, depending on diver preferences. Fewer bubbles allow wildlife enthusiasts to experience closer interactions.
AS EASY AS NITROX DIVING
The gas mix can be changed during the dive (using the controller) to extend dive time or decrease decompression time, The controller will warn the diver if an inappropriate gas mix exists.
The Horizon SCR provides warm and moist breathing gas, and an ergonomic design that intuitively improves the diver’s trim position and comfort.
CREATES A NATURAL DIVING POSITION
The shape of the Horizon unit provides the ideal, horizontal trim, The combination of warm air and improved dive position makes breathing natural and effortless, The specially contoured, ergonomic unit includes a soft backplate, lumbar support, buttplate and padded harness straps.
The Horizon SCR was designed to maximise safety and ensure exceptional performance using multiple back-up safety systems and three sets of redundant electronics and power supplies.
FAIL-SAFE GAS OPERATION
During a total system failure, the unit supplies an open circuit nitrox breathing gas mix, A sophisticated monitoring system informs the diver of how much time remains before they must replace the scrubber material, Regulator set(s) provide alternate gas sources that can be shared in an emergency situation.
SIMPLE SET UP
One of the key attractions of the Horizon SCR is its incredible ease of use. It is simple to set up, requires no tools, has easy access to the scrubber canisters for filling, and has non-interchangeable, colour coded, quick release corrugated breathing hose.
EASY TO ASSEMBLE AND PREPARE
No tools required, Harness can be fully adjusted according to need Nitrox cylinders can be obtained at the dive centre on reaching your destination, No pre-packed scrubber cartridges required – scrubber canisters can be re-filled by the diver, No dedicated weights are required.
A WEALTH OF POSSIBILITIES
For the more advanced diver, the Horizon offers a range of advantages. As well as a longer dive duration, the diver has dual gas possibilities – with the option of attaching a second cylinder with a higher O2 concentration for accelerated decompression.
READY FOR ADVANCED DIVERS
Uses the ZH-L16C Bühlmann algorithm with gradient factors, Programmable bottom gas and decompression gas, Within operational limits (up to 40m) the unit provides, decompression obligations like that of a closed-circuit rebreather.
INTELLIGENT INTEGRATED CONTROLLER
An integrated controller completes the Horizon, with a 2.8”, easy-to-read colour display and optional wireless gas integration. This intelligent computer is effortlessly operated via two large piezo elements, especially when wearing gloves, and includes a scrubber monitoring system to keep the diver informed of their scrubber status at all times, and an audible warning alarm.
The main features of the SCR Horizon are:
WEIGHT AND DIMENSIONS
- Height: 54 cm • Width: 40 cm + E9
- Thickness: 22 cm Unit Weight: 12 Kg (without dispensers)
- Total weight no-deco version: 13.4 Kg
- Total weight of the deco version: 14.8 Kg FEATURES
- Two CO2 filters each containing 1 Kg of fixing material which can be filled by the diver
- Two integrated weight systems each for a maximum use of 2.5 Kg
- Fully adjustable harness from XS to XXL
- Mouthpiece with strap safety
- Two oxygen sensors
- Remaining time of filters calculated by the integrated computer
- Cleaning, use and preparation do not require any specific tools USING LIMITS
- Maximum recommended depth using a cylinder as a source of Nitrox, without decompression: 30m
- Maximum depth using two Nitrox cylinders: 40 m
- PPO2 submerged: minimum 0.22 bar, maximum 2.6 bar
- Operating temperature: min 4 ° C, Max 34 ° C
- Approved fixing material: Sofnolime 797
- Duration of the fixing material of filters depends on temperature and O2 metabolic consumption. The duration is calculated by the integrated computer (eg at 15°C or more, with medium/high metabolic consumption, duration> 3h)
MAXIMUM PHYSICAL EFFORT
- 75 RMV at 40 m, CO2 production of 3 l/m for 5 min
- Three levels of redundancy each powered by different batteries
- All batteries in the system can be charged from a single dock
- Integrated computer with 2.8” high contrast color screen
- Gradient Factor importable by diver
- HUD control system with simple and immediate indications
- CE approved up to 40 m
FW. Horizon SCR V01.09.04
Updated Firmware for your Horizon SCR dive computer.This update includes the following changes:
- New battery charging management
- Power line activation in case of DEAD or LOW battery either on DC or E2
- Fixed DC battery controller % when starting from dead battery position
- DC controller battery check at power up stage
- New lock screen
- Quicker access to the unit 'power off' option
- Surface pressure level detection algorithm
- Pressure sensor reading on E1 and DC
- Pre-jump check not allowed in case of errors that would invalidate it
- Buzzer alarm sounds inhibition during SBP charge
- Error indication in OC mode
- O2 sensor check during dive
- Factory settings restore option
- Battery level and charging indication in main menu
- Find the latest controller firmware here; Click here
- Find out more about the Horizon SCR in our dedicated leaflet; Click here
Horizon Instruction Manual
- Find the Horizon user manual here; Click here
Availability of Horizon units;
Please note: There is currently no stock of new Horizon units being held with any supplier in New Zealand. New Horizon units are only in stock with our Mares supplier in Australia and are available to order. When placing your order with us, please allow approximately two weeks for delivery of your unit to our store.
We currently have one unit on display in our store, please call in to view and discuss your requirements and training options.
We are the Horizon experts in New Zealand - Aotearoa Dive staff own, dive and run training on the Horizon, we are also an approved and certified Mares Horizon service centre for the unit.
For details of Mares Horizon SCR training options we offer Click Here