SCR Diving Program
Immerse yourself in silence and extend your Horizon. Join the exciting world of rebreather diving!
Learn to go no-decompression diving with a semi closed rebreather (SCR) during the SSI SCR Diving course. This semi closed rebreather diving course provides a thorough introduction to rebreathers, SCR technology, the details of assembly, pre-dive checks, dive planning, and dealing with potential failures.
The SSI SCR diving certification entitles the holder to dive with an equally or more qualified buddy, with an equipment configuration used during training and SCR diving procedures, to depths of up to 30 meters, not requiring decompression stops.
Aotearoa Dive SCR training programs are the perfect way to increase your rebreather knowledge and skills, whilst at the same time learning how to plan and dive your new Horizon SCR unit.
Through a combination of online study and classroom academic sessions you will learn all the theory required to safely dive and maintain the Horizon SCR total diving system. With your SCR Instructor you will then learn how to dive the unit and master a series of skills in a pool/confined water environment.
To complete your training you will then get to plan and execute dives in an open water environment to a maximum depth of 30 meters with your SCR instructor.
- Deep Diver certification or equivalent
- Enriched Air Nitrox (40%) or equivalent
- Medically fit to dive: if you answer "yes" to any of the questions on your medical questionnaire then must be signed off by a medical physician. CLICK HERE to view the dive medical form.
- Minimum of 24 logged dives
- Minimum Age: 16
Cost $1600 (or $800 if you buy your Mares Horizon unit from us)
- Online training materials
- In water training and academic sessions
- Certification E-card
- Confined Water: 1 Skill development session
- Open Water Dives: 4
- Max Depth: 30mtrs
- Maximum time to complete: 4 days