Recreational Sidemount Diving Program
The SSI recreational Sidemount diving program provides you with the knowledge and skills needed to safely and comfortably dive with a single or two cylinder Sidemount equipment configuration.
This technique comes from the technical, cave and wreck diving world but has been gaining popularity with recreational divers.
In this course you will learn how to effortlessly find better balance with new gear, and why it makes sense to have redundancy with your air delivery systems.
You will learn everything about the background, history, benefits and equipment of sidemount diving. In practice, you will learn how to configure your equipment and manage it in the water, recognizing that buoyancy and movement brings you a new diving experience.
- History and Background
- Benefits for the recreational diver
- Equipment and Configuration
- Handling in practice
- Planning a Sidemount dive
- Open Water Diver or equivalent
- Be medically fit and healthy to dive
- Minimum Age: 12
- Academic Sessions: Online learning
- Confined Water: 1
- Open Water Dives: 3
- Max depth: 30mtrs
- Max depth for 12 to 14 year olds is 18mtrs
- Time: 2 day
- All standard dive gear
- Online training
- Practical application
- Use of multi gas dive computers
- Light refreshments during your course
- Dive club membership
- Student rates on new equipment purchases from us