Open Water Diver Program
If you want to dive anywhere you want, with anyone you want, the Open Water Diver program is for you.
This is your international certification to become part of an exclusive group of underwater explorers that most people only dream about joining.
This globally recognized certification program is the best way to begin your life-long adventure as a certified scuba diver.
Personalized training is combined with in-water practice sessions to ensure you have the skills and experience required to become truly comfortable underwater.
Under the instruction of your dive professional you will be provided and practice all the diver skills and techniques allowing you to dive safely to 12mtr depth (under 14yo) or 18 meters depth (over 14yo)
The course is divided into 4 segments:
- Online Study: accessible through the SSI online portal or app after registration, you can learn interactively and at your own pace, whenever and wherever you want. The theory is an especially important part of diving and you get to keep these materials for life for future reference.
- Pool sessions: this is to go over all confined water requirements, taking your first breaths under water, how to use scuba equipment, scuba foundation skills, emergency training techniques and skills, getting you comfortable and confident in the water.
- Open Water dives: where the fun really begins! Perfecting skills and techniques learnt in the pool in an open water real conditions environment and seeing all the underwater life.
- Academic classroom session: during your classroom academic session we discuss a variety of topics including physics, physiology, environment and dive equipment. This enables us to consolidate your understanding, therefor produce better divers with a good understanding scuba diving theory.
- Minimum age: 15 years
- Junior OWD minimum age: 10 years of age (recommended 12 years old, physically, and mentally capable of completing the course)
- Medically fit to dive: if you answer "yes" to any of the questions on your medical questionnaire then must be signed off by a medical physician. CLICK HERE to view the dive medical form.
- You should be able to swim 200m (any stroke and no time limit) and treading water for 10 minutes.
- Academic Sessions: Online learning, Classroom presentations, Final exam with 80% minimum score
- Confined Water: 2 sessions
- Open Water Dives: 4
- Max Depth: 18mtrs
- Time: 3 days
- Total diving system
- Online training
- Practical application and academic classroom session
- Use of dive computers
- Hard copy card and e-card
- Light refreshments during your course
- Dive club membership
- Student rates on new equipment purchases from us
Upgrade your training and save!
Upgrade your training experience with a perfect match!
The following programs can be combined with your SSI Open Water Diver training.
Skills and experience are your tickets to dive the world’s best dive sites. When you complete a certain number of Specialty Programs and Logged Dives, you will also automatically earn the SSI Recognition Ratings. Ask us for details.