Underwater navigation is a crucial dive skill, but it does not need to be difficult.
Become a better, more confident diver who always knows where they are going, with the SSI Navigation Specialty.
You will learn how to use a dive compass, natural navigation techniques and more.
In this specialty program, you will gain the advanced skills and knowledge you need to navigate safely and confidently underwater.
You will learn how to use a compass and natural navigation techniques, estimate distance, how to leave and return to a designated point, plus basic navigation patterns.
You will also be taught how to combine navigation techniques to enhance your diving experience. All of which hones your underwater observation skills, improves your dive safety, and helps you to get the most out of every dive.
- Open water Diver or equivalent
- Be medically fit and healthy to dive
- Minimum Age: 10 (15+ recommended)
- Academic Sessions: Online learning
- Confined Water: N/A
- Open Water Dives: 2
- Max Depth: 18mtrs
- Time: 1 day
- All standard dive gear
- Online training
- Practical application and academic sessions
- Hard copy card and e-card
- Light refreshments during your course
- Dive club membership
- Student rates on new equipment purchases from us