“WATER AND AIR, THE TWO ESSENTIAL FLUIDS ON WHICH ALL LIFE DEPENDS, HAVE BECOME GLOBAL GARBAGE CANS.” — JACQUES COUSTEAU
We want everyone to be aware of the environmental problems our oceans are suffering day by day. The SSI Blue Oceans movement supports the conservation and sustainable use of aquatic environments, including oceans, seas, coasts, and waterways and their magnificent diversity of plant and animal species.
Aotearoa Dive is very proud to be a Blue Oceans centre.
A Blue Oceans Center exemplifies the attributes of a business firmly committed to protecting and preserving our ocean home. We achieved this status by satisfying the following requirements, thus involving our entire staff and customer base in creating a culture of environmental awareness within our store. Conservation is at the heart of everything we do.
- Be a current, active status SSI Training Center
- Promote the SSI Sustainable Diver Code and Blue Oceans Philosophy
- Provide training in Perfect Buoyancy and SSI Ecology programs
- Be active in environmental protection by supporting environmental projects and organizations
- Organising clean-ups and environmental protection events above or below the water
- Keeping our center environmentally friendly at all times
Our divers don’t just dive, they want to see the ocean thrive.