Altitude Diving Program
Is your next adventure somewhere unprecedented? Do you simply want to expand your diving options?
If you dive into a water that is 300 to 3000 meters above sea level, this is called 'Altitude diving', so, when it comes to scuba diving and altitude, it’s clear that something is happening that may adversely impact our bodies. But what exactly is going on?
The SSI Altitude diving program will give you the proper training to plan and execute your altitude dives safely.
During the SSI Altitude Diving program, you will learn everything you need to plan a safe dive at higher altitude.
During the theory session we will teach you how to plan diving at altitude and to make use of the tools that are available for this with explanation and materials.
Then we can start planning the dive and dive the plan.
- Open water Diver or equivalent
- Be medically fit and healthy to dive
- Minimum Age: 10 (recommended 12+)
- Academic Sessions: Online learning
- Confined Water: Optional
- Open Water Dives: Optional
- Max Depth: Varies
- Time: 1 day
- Online training
- Academic session
- 2 Altitude dives
- Light refreshments during your course
- Dive club membership
- Student rates on new equipment purchases from us