SSI Advanced Adventurer Program
If you want to increase your confidence, explore more of the underwater world, and develop your scuba diving capabilities then the SSI Advanced Adventurer is the course for you!
Most people assume that the SSI Advanced Adventurer program is for 'advanced' divers and that they need vast amounts of dive experience to take part. This course is aimed at the not just the experienced diver but also aimed at the new diver wishing to expand their dive experiance.
The SSI Advanced Adventurer program is designed to maximise your in-water learning (there's no classroom learning or exams), and it's a great way to get more dives under your belt while continuing to learn under the supervision of an instructor. Upon completion you will be trained and certified to dive to a maximum depth of 30mtr.
The SSI Advanced Adventurer program allows you to experience five different open water dives from five SSI Specialty programs without requiring you to complete the entire Specialty.
If you are unsure of your next step, this is the perfect way to advance your dive skills and experience, and to identify which Specialty programs interest you.
- Boat Diving – covers different aspects of diving from boats
- Deep Diving - this dive will be up to a depth of 30m
- Drift - this dive will give you the opportunity to experience the exhilaration of underwater flying on another level.
- Dry Suit Diving – experience diving in a dry suit keeping yourself warm in any temperature
- Navigation Diving - you will learn natural and compass navigation skills
- Night and Limited Visibility- on this dive you will plunge into a mysterious environment and see the marine life in a 'new light'
- Nitrox - diving enriched air/Nitrox lets you safely extend your no decompression limits, which means more time underwater and shorter surface intervals - so you can get back in the water sooner!!
- Perfect Buoyancy - this dive will improve your buoyancy skills so that you have more control and better air consumption.
- Search & Recovery - learn to search and lift that dropped outboard or bulging bag of scallops safely to the surface.
- Wreck - this dive is normally conducted at the HMSNZ Canterbury wreck and it will give you a taste of what wreck diving is all about.
A typical SSI Advanced Adventurer course will include Deep, Navigation, Wreck, Nitrox and Perfect Buoyancy dives although the course can be tailored to the customers’ requests and is dependent on destination.
- Open water Diver or equivalent
- Be medically fit and healthy to dive
- Open Water Diver Note: Max depth is 30m if Deep Diving dive is included.
- Minimum Age:12 if Deep Diving dive is included Certification
- Academic Sessions: Online learning
- Open Water Dives: 5
- Depth: 30mtr max
Cost $550 (Course itself) add $450 when conducted at Northland Dive
- All standard dive gear
- Online training
- Practical application and academic sessions
- Use of multi gas dive computers
- Light refreshments during your course
- Dive club membership
- Student rates on new equipment purchases from us