Open Water Instructor Program
Are you ready to turn your passion for diving into a career? Do you dream of travelling the world working as a scuba instructor? Would you like the ocean to be your office and work in exotic locations?
What are you waiting for?
This in-depth program provides all you need to become an SSI Open Water Instructor.
Once certified, you can train new SSI divers, teach Enriched Air Nitrox, Diver Stress & Rescue and create Dive Guides. With this globally recognised certification you can work at SSI Training Centres represented in over 130 countries.
The possibilities are endless - start your dive career today and get in touch with us!
SSI Open Water Instructors are the backbone of the dive industry, teaching new divers to safely explore the underwater world, providing introductory courses to those who are considering a scuba certification, and teaching continuing education programs that create life-long and enthusiastic divers.
This program trains you to be a well-prepared, versatile and marketable SSI Professional, with the ability to provide high-quality training to entry-level and experienced divers alike. It is intended to be a fun and challenging learning experience that will present you with new skills and knowledge that will increase your abilities as an SSI Professional.
You are expected to ask questions and to take an active role in the training process.Your basic dive skills and knowledge will be refined and tested as you develop into a capable and professional dive leader.
This program has three components:
Digital Learning: SSI developed this program using modern Educational Management System (EMS) technology. It is designed to provide you with the knowledge required to complete your training
in an easy-to-understand, logical sequence.
Academic Sessions: These include lectures, instructor-led active learning sessions, and other interactive activities. They apply the knowledge gained from the digital learning in a practical, real- world environment. By completing these sessions, you will gain an understanding of what it takes to become a professional.
Practical Application Sessions: This is the final component of your training, where you will further develop the skills and experience required by a professional.You will develop and be evaluated on your ability to conduct academic and in-water training sessions, control and evaluate students, and promote SSI teaching and business philosophies for the benefit of both yourself, the training center, and the entire dive industry.
The Open Water Instructor program is conducted over 10 full days. It can be adapted into a multiple-weekend format or several evening sessions, it is also possible to conduct the academic sections remotely via Zoom. We can also provide options for accommodation during your training, contact us for details. Be the best - become a Sub Aquatic Specialist with our signature training method and internship - enquire for more information.
- Online eLearning materials, academic sessions & in water training
- Dive cylinders and weights provided during training
- Instructor examination fees
- Hard card and E-card
- SSI professional registration fee
- Dive Instructor pack including bag, wet notes and slates
- Light refreshments during your course
- Dive club membership
- Pro discount on new equipment purchased from us
- CV preperation and job placement assistance
- On going support throughout your career in the industry
- Be 18 years or older
- Divemaster rating (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
- Enriched air nitrox 40 (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
- Have at least 75 dives to begin the course and 100 for certification
- Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement (PDF) signed by a physician within the last 12 months.